Tuesday 8 May 2012

Storm Corrosion

So it is finally out, the long awaited collaboration between Porcupine Tree frontman Steven Wilson, and Opeth frontman Mikael Akerfeldt.



I just got the album now, and I have to say, it made my little prog loving heart warm. Just when i thought that prog was gone. wow this is awesome.

The album consists of 6 tracks, and has a running time of about 48 minutes. Some of the songs hitting the 10 minute mark (only a prog band:-D)

TRACK LIST:

1. Drag Ropes
2. Storm Corrosion
3. Hag
4. Happy
5. Lock Howl
6. Ljudent Innan

Now the album has a very ethereal ambient sound to it, its very interesting, on some parts of the songs, the instruments just fade away, and you just hear the very eerie ambient tone set out by the album.

I absolutely adore this album, I think it is amazing, and I really think these two have a great chemistry going, a great flow to their music so to speak. But, do not expect an Opeth or Porcupine Tree sounding album when you listen to this, its a total new sound, and I will say again, a very progressive sound, so it might not be to everyone's tastes.
But if you enjoy the prog rock, this album is a definite must have!

I give Storm Corrosions first outing a solid 8 out of 10.


Here is the music video for the album opener, Drag Ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment