Saturday 4 May 2013

Phil Anselmo goes solo.

A couple of days ago legendary metal vocalist Phillip H. Anselmo, announced his first solo album.


This being his first full solo album, although not his first solo outing (first solo stuff he laid down was on the recent War of the Gargantuas split Ep with Warbeast), seems that it's going to be angry. Just as angry as Mr. Anselmo can be.

Mr. Anslemo had this to say about the new album:
"It wasn't about doing a paint-by-numbers thrash or heavy metal record," he explained about his project. "It's an angry album that only I could do. I don't see anybody else out there screaming about the same shit I'm screaming about. On this album, there isn't any wordplay, there isn't any hidden message, it's all right there in front of you."

All thought it sounds like it is going to be a great album and I literally can't wait for the July 16th release date. But for me, and I'm sure there are some other fans out there that are wondering the exact same thing. What is happening with Down? When the announcement of their latest EP, Down IV part 1 - The Purple Ep, the band said that are another 3 EP's following suit, and in quick succession... But we still have not heard a peep about this. Am I a tool for thinking that phil should get back in the studio with down and leave all these solo endeavours for a later stage? Or am I just a passionate Down fan that wants fresh new Southern-in-your-face-fuck-you-Metal on my stereo? I'll let you decide...

But with all that said, I think this new solo journey of a legendary front man is something to look forward to.


Here is one of the tracks off of the above mentioned split ep.

No comments:

Post a Comment